If there’s anything my closet doesn’t have a shortage of, it would be little black dresses. They’re such easy pieces to dress up (or down) for date nights– Especially girly date nights with your favourite blogging friend who also happens to be your shoe size twin and lets you raid her closet, amiright?
organza cutout dress: Forever 21 (exact)
knotted necklace: Fab (old)
studded heels: borrowed from Kim‘s closet
boyfriend watch: Vince Camuto
leather bracelet: Ken Diamond
Kim and I laugh super hard over all of the outtakes from blog photos and this one was too good to not share. Here I am, complaining about how my hair is a crazy mess and has a personality of its own whenever I let the waves take free reign. Thank goodness she caught this moment of effortless beauty (haha, yeah right!):
Bare legs in mid-December? YEP! It happened. I never ended up replacing those tights lost in the move, but thankfully it was warm enough to sneak in one last bare-legged outfit before the holidays! Determined to make an outfit work with this herringbone vest with existing items in my closet (the first time wasn’t so hot, remember?) I tried again with a pencil skirt and my go-to combat boots.
While the second attempt at an outfit turned out 100x better than the first, apparently I didn’t get the memo that biting my lip doesn’t exactly make the most flattering photo…
So.. this necklace. I swear I don’t just have a handful of giant, gold bird statement necklaces kicking around in my stash! One of my friends got married this year and as part of her bachelorette party, she bought everyone a statement necklace of her husband’s spirit animal. Yes, his spirit animal is an eagle. And yes, we all wore these amazing pieces the whole time we were together running around on the Las Vegas strip. At the time, I didn’t think I would ever wear this necklace again after our girls weekend away, but I’ve definitely taken it for a spin a few times at work! Someone always gives me side-eye whenever I do, but I don’t blame them. It is, after all, a giant gold eagle necklace. ;)
What happens when one of your best friends – with amazing style – is in town for a weekend? Ask him to join in for a blog post, of course! We decided on a his vs hers post to show you how we’d each style these awesome SmileSolar watches from Q&Q, which are currently being featured in the current installment of Nordstrom’s popup!
Quest & Quality is one of the featured curated companies in this popup because their watches truly make the perfect holiday gift. With a $40 retail price and coming in a range of colours and sizes (32mm on me, 40mm on my friend), the watch makes a great stocking stuffer for anyone! The best part is the fact with every purchase of a watch, a portion of the proceeds are donated to Table for Two to support healthy eating for kids in Africa and Asia.
outfit details: on her
blanket draped cardigan: Old Navy (old)
blouse: Forever 21
jeans: Joe’s Jeans (similar)
vintage Coach purse: thrifted (exact)
combat boots: Madden Girl (similar)
Quest & Quality SmileSolar 32mm watch: c/o Nordstrom (exact)
outfit details: on him
button down: Ben Sherman (similar)
jeans: Levi’s 511s (exact)
lace-up boots: Aldo (similar)
Quest & Quality SmileSolar 40mm watch: c/o Nordstrom (exact)
glasses: Salt (exact)
If you’re still looking for some cute, quirky, unique gifts, definitely stop by the popup shop at Nordstrom! We popped in to check out all the items and between the witty-titled notebooks and handmade dolls, I wanted to leave with one of each!
Happy Monday!! As promised last week, there’s a special giveaway this holiday with PinkBasis! If it wasn’t exciting enough to see how one of their everyday lace dresses was styled for the holidays, you can enter to win a gift card for $50 to pick dresses of your choice! A lot of their dresses come in at $30 or less (with free shipping to anywhere in the US on $50+ purchases), so you could technically win two dresses! If I had the choice all over again, my picks would be the ones shown below:
- Only entries from US readers are accepted.
- Winner has 48 hours to respond to the congratulatory email. A new winner will be drawn in the case that the original one does not respond.
I’m super excited to share today’s holiday gift guide of gifts that keep giving! There are so many fun subscriptions and memberships available nowadays that I wanted to share 3 of them as great gift options!
1. As a big fan of Le Tote myself, I cannot recommend this subscription any more. I posted about my experience last month and think it would be awesome to gift an infinite closet to someone else. Can you imagine receiving a Le Tote subscription yourself? Being able to rotate through clothes on am almost week or two week basis is awesome!
2. “Going to the gym” is probably the #1 goal on most people’s new years resolutions. Why not gift a ClassPass membership? I got the chance to try out ClassPass in November and absolutely loved it! Having a handful of studio options with multiple gym classes is amazing!! Not to mention, if you travel, your ClassPass isn’t restricted to a single city. You can use it in any city that ClassPass has launched in. Pretty sweet as a gift, no?
3. As someone who received a Popsugar Must Have 3-month subscription for Christmas last year, it was like Christmas every month! The Must Have Box comes with the month’s hottest items in different categories and a brief explanation of what the product is and why it’s considered a must have. Not only did this help me to find some new favourite products, but also learn about what was trending in different industries. Fun, fun!