A few weeks ago, Kirstin Marie tagged me to share 15 things about myself. I’ve decided to share some of the more embarrassing moments of my life… enjoy!
1. I can’t watch scary movies. Wait, let me rephrase that. I can’t watch movies that are not romantic comedies, comedies, or action films. Case in point: I screamed in the movie theater during the 4th Harry Potter when the dementors came out of no where! The 10 year old kid sitting next to me shuffled over to the left of his seat as far as possible. How were there little 8 years old in the theater that didn’t scream? My friends always ask if I’m going to scream again whenever we get ready for the next Harry Potter movie release.
2. I like to win bets that involve food. One of my roommates once bet me $5 to eat 5 cupcakes in less than 5 minutes. Right after winning the $5, I treated myself to bubble tea. haha!
3. I’m navigationally challenged. I have absolutely no sense of direction. While being the co-pilot in my friend’s car, I once had us driving in the wrong direction for over an hour. This was back when we were living in the northern Bay Area of California and took a trip to San Jose. Instead of a 30 minute trip, we got back 3 hours later. In my defense, this was the first time I had ever been to San Jose. So…Who wants to go on a road trip with me?!
4. Two things are always present in my kitchen: cookies & ice cream. This is probably more awesome than it is embarrassing, but it’s true! I cannot live without a constant stash of Rainbow Chips Ahoy! cookies and some sort of ice cream… which leads me to #5.
5. I’ve eaten 4 tubs of ice cream in 4 days. Last summer, Safeway was having an amazing sale on Ben & Jerry’s ice cream where it was $2/pint if you purchased 3 or more. With such an amazing sale, I went home with 4 pints. Moral of the story: Don’t start eating ice cream on a Monday if you’re going for this “one pint a day” thing. Friday will REALLY SUCK when you realize there is no ice cream in the freezer.
6. I enjoy ‘caraoke’ a little too much. caraoke = car + karaoke. If you ever see someone in their car dancing up a storm and belting out words to Top 40s, that might be me. Other favorite caraoke songs include “Buddy Holly” by Weezer, and “Combat Baby” by Metric.
7. I ROFL in real life. If I laugh hard enough, I ROFL. If I start laughing while sitting in a chair, I’ll fall to my knees and then proceed to roll around on the ground a bit. It’s really embarrassing when this happens in public. My friends try hard not to make me laugh when we’re out, as I’ve been told I look like a goofball for laughing as hard as I do about something that probably isn’t all that funny to begin with.
8. Awkward conversations with strangers. Let me just start off by saying that one of my roommates has a very popular winter coat and is average height and build for an Asian female. Sometimes I end up talking to strangers who I mistaken for my roommate because I see silhouettes in my peripherals and just start yapping away. My roommate usually realizes I’m talking to a stranger before I do, so she’ll tap me on the shoulder to let me know that I should probably stop talking about flying pigs and sprinkled cupcakes to random people at the mall. Whoops!
heeled oxfords – Payless | necklace – self altered piece
9. Underestimating my size. Thanks to wishful thinking, I usually take in three pairs of pants to try on when shopping. I start with the smallest size and work my way up. It’s happened more often than I’m willing to own up to, but there have been a ton of times where I can’t pull the pants past my thighs and I just stand in the change room laughing at myself for a good minute. I wonder what the associates think is going on… haha
10. Walking into doors is my kind of thing. Muscle memory tells me to push when I see a door. Whenever I push, I don’t stop walking. I don’t even want to know how many doors I’ve walked into in my lifetime, but trust me it’s been many. Even if the door has “Pull” labeled on the handle, I push first. Natural instinct, I guess?
11. I’m a squirrel chaser. Please don’t ever ask my friends about this one incident, but I once climbed on the side ladder of a truck to take a picture of a squirrel who was hanging out in a dumpster on a loading dock. Apparently my ladder-climbing caused a bit of a scene. My friends almost disowned me that day for prioritizing squirrel photos over my public sanity. LOL
12. I own enough pairs of argyle socks to impress any grandmother. Do grandmas even like argyle socks? I don’t know. I do own about 20+ pairs, which does not include the three pairs of argyle knee socks. ; )
13. Jersey Shore is a guilty pleasure. I can’t help but anxiously wait for Thursday nights because I’m hooked on (watching) the GTL lifestyle. I’ve been a closet fan for quite some time, but can you really blame me? There’s so much drama every week!
14. Hello Kitty is my hero. Yes, I got all giddy when I met someone dressed up in a Hello Kitty outfit last summer. Don’t judge me!
15. I’m a sleep talker. I learned I was a sleep talker in my first year of university. My design project group was pulling an all-nighter and we scheduled one hour naps for each member. During my nap, I started integrating some function aloud, accompanied by hand gestures while using the “substitution method.” Friends from university will never let me live this one down. It was sad because I couldn’t integrate when I was awake but apparently my subconscious had the math down pat. I was advised to just fall asleep on my final exam and pray that I would be able to dream up all the answers before time ran out. haha
Now I’m supposed to tag 5 other bloggers to share 15 things about themselves. Consider yourself tagged, ladies!
Kristen of Honestly Kristen, Kimmie of Blue Paper Lanterns, Amy of In My Closet, Jen of Hemming and Hawing, and Linda of The Auspicious Life.