I was hoping to have some photos from my weekend posted by tonight, but I guess I shouldn’t be surprised with how little time I’ve had to sit down and transfer pictures (story of my life!). As soon as I got back in to Seattle on Tuesday evening, I had to furiously unpack and get ready for a full day on Wednesday. Last night was spent watching Kooza, one of the many Cirque du Soleil installments. This would mark my third Cirque show and I absolutely LOVED it. Highly recommend any of the shows if you’re ever in the Las Vegas area (or happen to catch a show tent in another state… like Washington!).
Circus shows aside, I’ve been hard at work on a side project. Here’s a sneak peek:
Can you guess where this is going? More details to come as the event draws closer, but for now, this is the preliminary design for a display I’m hoping to finish by next weekend. Yes, if you’re going to force me to say it, I have an affinity for doilies. Doilies appeal to the inner granny in me! What more can I say?
– – – – – – – – – –
Since this post is so appropriately titled, I will just go ahead and brain-dump everything that I’ve been meaning to write about while I was laptop-less in California. While I was away, the lovely Erica nominated me for “The Versatile Blogger” blog award! Thanks so much, Erica!
Rules: Thank person who nominated you | Share 7 facts about yourself | Nominate 15 others | Contact nominees
So, 7 things about myself…
- I hated the color pink until I was 16. I was a huge tomboy until I embraced the color pink. Nowadays, pink is one of the more prominent colors in my wardrobe.
- I can’t wear contacts because I have severe astigmatism. I will forever be a four-eyes and I’m more than ok with that! (Glasses are my favorite accessory!)
- I love to play sports despite the fact that I am extremely accident prone (and not exactly the most athletically inclined).
- To this day, I can still recite the daily McValue Deal Meals offered by McDonald’s back in 2004-2006. I can thank my inner junk foodie for the 4 days a week I used to visit McD’s back in the day.
- My internal clock doesn’t allow me to sleep in past 8:30am. If I’m lucky, sometimes I get to sleep in until 9! No matter what time I sleep, I wake up at 8:30. This is terribly inconvenient when I sleep at 3am and still feel exhausted but can’t fall back asleep.
- Chocolate is my biggest vice. I have to have at least one piece of chocolate a day. Sigh.
- Whenever I really like a song, I play it on repeat for days until I get it out of my system. This really annoyed one of my old roommates… especially since I refused to used headphones and blasted ONE song on repeat for over a week straight. hahaha!
I know I’m supposed to tag 15 people, but I figured I would leave this one open-ended for those who want to share 7 random facts about themselves on their blogs. Feel free to post them on your own blogs/in the comments!